If you want to nurture, maintain, and grow healthy, glossy hair, a good hair regimen is key.
Whether you have curly, straight, or natural hair, there are a few simple steps you can take to keep your hair looking its best and these steps are called Hair Regimen.
Having a healthy hair regimen is essential to maintaining the health of your hair.
A good hair care routine requires that your hair stays moisturized, nourished, healthy, frizz-free, and strong. It shouldn’t take too long.
To keep your hair healthy, you must undertake a lifelong regimen that provides structure, repetition, and consistency.
It will involve the use of both products and processes that will maintain the health and well-being of your hair.
Your hair regimen must be planned out in advance to make sure it includes everything you need to follow through, and it’s easy and simple enough to repeat.
Whether your hair regimen is repeated on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis, establishing a regimen that works will be your key to natural hair that always looks and feels its best.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
The first step in your healthy hair regimen is to make sure you’re cleansing your hair properly.
Shampooing your hair regularly is important for removing dirt, oil, and styling product build-up from your hair.
Choose a sulfate-free shampoo that won’t strip your hair of its natural oils.
Shampoo is one of the most important products in hair care journey, and as well as must have.
Healthy hair growth starts from a well-cleansed hair and scalp, therefore using the right shampoo is a very important step.
Washing your hair with lukewarm water is a great tip to adopt, as it helps to open up the hair cuticles for the conditioners to absorb perfectly.
Shampooing can be done weekly, or biweekly, depending on your routine and lifestyle.
Once your hair is clean, it’s important to follow through with thorough conditioning of your hair.
This should be done immediately after shampooing to help add moisture to your hair and balance the pH level of your scalp.
Choose a conditioner that’s specifically designed for your hair type and massage it into your hair.
Conditioning is done immediately after using shampoo or can be used allow as a Co-wash, this is totally dependent on your routine.
Apply the conditioner on freshly washed hair and allow it to sit on your hair for 5 minutes.
You can switch to a Deep Conditioner if your hair requires an intense moisture deep conditioning treatment to impact adequate moisture to your hair strands.
Deep Conditioner should not be left for several hours. Check usage guide of the products and edit sentence with the time frame for deep conditioning.
Deep conditioning should be done every 4 to 6 weeks depending on your specific hair needs.
After washing and conditioning, use a leave-in conditioner or styling cream.
Moisturizing your hair with a water-based Leave-in conditioner helps you to nurture, nourish, hydrate, and protect your hair from environmental factors such as UV rays, and harsh weather conditions that can dry out your hair.
Apply Mara Cruiz 2-1 Leave-in conditioner (if you’re on Natural hair), or Growth lotion (if you’re on Relaxed hair).
Start at the ends of your hair and work your way up to the roots. This will help to nourish and protect your hair from the daily wear and tear of styling. This should be used daily or every other day.
This involves the use of oil to lock in the moisture provided by the Leave-in conditioner or the Anti Breakage & Repair Growth Lotion in the hair.
Oil helps to prevent your hair follicle from damaging by simply filling the gap between cuticle cells.
Oil is a powerful sealant that helps to seal in moisture. It is part of a healthy hair regimen as it helps to promote healthy hair growth.
This should be used daily to massage your scalp and edges, and also use after applying moisturizer.
Tips To Note When Building A Healthy Hair Regimen
- Avoid using too much heat: Too much heat can be extremely damaging to your hair. When blow-drying your hair, use a heat protectant or avoid it completely. This will help to protect your hair from the high temperatures of the blow dryer.
- Use the right hair care tools: Using the right tools will make hair care task easier. The right tools will help to minimise breakage when combing and styling and promote healthy hair growth. Use a comb or brush with natural bristles to avoid tugging or breaking your hair.
- Avoid harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals can be extremely damaging to your hair. Try to use natural hair products whenever possible, and avoid using products with harsh chemicals such as sulfates, parabens, phthalates, etc.
- Trim your hair regularly. Regular trims can help keep your hair healthy and free of split ends. Try to get a trim at most for 3-6 months to help maintain the health of your hair.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated: Make sure you’re getting enough of the right vitamins and minerals. Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon and walnuts, will help to keep your hair looking shiny and lustrous. Vitamins A, E, and C are also essential for healthy hair growth. And most importantly, drink enough amounts of water.
Products That Will Help You Achieve A Healthy Hair Regimen
In one of the points mentioned above, using the right products is paramount in building and following a healthy hair regimen.
When choosing products, look for products that suit your hair texture and type. The products must address specific hair concerns that you want to tackle or the hair goal you want to achieve.
Mara Cruiz Organics has different product ranges for different hair types and textures. Mara Cruiz hair product range from kids, to adult on both Natural and Relaxed, and as well Scalp Rescue Range for Dandruff and Itchy Scalp.
Mara Cruiz Organics hair product ranges are simplified hair care systems that is specially formulated for African woman’s hair. Each range contains:
KIDS HAIR CARE
· Moisturizing Shampoo
· Rinse-out Conditioner
· 2- in-1 Leave-in Conditioner
· Hair Growth Oil
· Kids Intense Moisture Deep Conditioner
NATURAL HAIR CARE
· Moisturizing Natural Shampoo
· Nourishing Rinse-out Conditioner
· 2-in-1 Leave-in Conditioner
· Hair Growth Stimulator oil
· Intense Moisture Deep Conditioner
RELAXED HAIR CARE
· Anti-Breakage & Repair Shampoo
· Anti-Breakage & Conditioner
· Anti-Breakage& Repair Growth Lotion
· Anti-Breakage& Repair Growth Oil
· Intense Moisture Deep Conditioner
SCALP RESCUE RANGE (DANDRUFF & ITCHY SCALP) CARE
· Scalp Rescue Shampoo
· Scalp Rescue Conditioner
· (Customized for Natural hair and Relaxed Hair)
Now that you know how to build and follow through a healthy hair regimen using the right hair products for your hair type and texture, Click here to shop your preferred Mara Cruiz Hair care products to get started.
Do you know we have a Facebook community? Join a tribe that is interested in haircare just like you! http://bit.ly/maracruizcommunity